Out of all the unofficial app stores released in the last few years, TutuApp is undoubtedly one of the most popular and is definitely the best-known one. The app store offers what the official store doesn’t – thousands of tweaked and unofficial apps and games.
At first, TutuApp was released only for iOS users as an alternative to Cydia, but the developers soon saw the benefits in allowing Android users access to it. And, with the APK file released, it also meant we could now use TutuApp on our desktop computers.
How to Install TutuApp on PC and Mac:
Installing TutuApp on your Windows PC or Mac is simple. Although it doesn’t have native support for desktop operating systems, you can install the Android version of the app using an Android emulator. We recommend you use Bluestacks or Nox – both are free, fast, and easy-to-use emulators.
- Download the Android emulator of your choice from their official websites
- Download tutuapp.apk file to your computer and save it to your desktop
- Open the emulator and sign in – a Google account is required for this ( free if you don’t have one)
- Leave the emulator to set up – this may take a few minutes.
- On the emulator home page, type TutuApp into the search bar and click the file to begin downloading it.
- Alternatively, drag-and-drop the file into the emulator or find the file, right-click and choose “Open With (your emulator)”
- Wait for TutuApp to be installed into the emulator, and you will see the icon on the home page once it’s done.
- You can now access and use TutuApp on your desktop via the emulator.
How to Use TutuApp:
Using TutuApp is pretty simple to do:
- Open your emulator and click on the TutuApp icon.
- TutuApp will open – browse through or search for an app or game you want
- Click it and click on Install.
- Wait – the icon will appear on the emulator home page when it is installed.
Why Should You Use TutuApp on Your Pc or Mac?
It makes perfect sense to use TutuApp on your desktop because you have far more resources to make use of. Not only do you have a much bigger screen than your mobile device, but you also have better graphics to take advantage of, higher processor speeds, more RAM, and more space. And if that weren’t enough, who wouldn’t want an alternative app store on their computer? One that offers thousands of free third-party apps.
TutuApp Errors and Solutions:
While most desktop users find TutuApp to be smooth and reliable, there are a couple of errors that may arise. Luckily, they are easy to fix:
This is quite common, and the best way to resolve it is to delete TutuApp and reinstall it. This also works if the app icon is greyed out.
App Won’t Download:
The commonest reason for this is lack of space – clear some space on your computer by deleting anything you don’t need, storing media files in the cloud or on external storage, and removing unused apps. Also, make sure you have at least 2 GB of free RAM.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Given that TutuApp is unofficial, it’s no surprise that there are some questions commonly asked about it:
How Safe is TutuApp?
Completely safe. Our tests showed there were no viruses, spam, malware, or anything else harmful in the app. All you need is a free Google account and an Android emulator, and you should install the updates as they are released. You should also have antivirus software on your computer and a VPN if you want to protect your identity.
How Does TutuApp Lite Differ from TutuApp VIP?
TutuApp Lite is the free version, and it offers more than enough for most people. However, when you choose to upgrade to IP for a small payment, you get more content, no download restrictions, no ads, much faster downloads, and access to VIP features too. If you already have the VIP version on your mobile device, simply link your PC or Mac to your VIP account, and you can use it on that device too. And you can get a 10% renewal discount if your membership is due to expire within 60 days.
TutuApp Is iOS-Only.
Not anymore. When it was first released, it was purely for iOS users, but the developers soon followed it up with an Android version. Because of that, just by installing a free Android emulator, you can use TutuApp on your desktop too.
TutuApp is a cool third-party app store, offering tons of free apps and games without needing to jailbreak or root your device. And now you get to benefit from all it offers on your PC or Mac too. Don’t miss out on all the fun; download your alternative app store today.