Daylight Saving Time is a feature available in Windows 11 which enabled the forward of the system clock by one hour in the summers and restores it to the original time during the winter. DST is a common practice in the United States and some other regions.
Some users report that the option for Daylight Saving Time is grayed out. And if you made up to this blog post, then it’s possible you’re one out of them for sure. So what could be the issue?
Adjust for Daylight Saving Time Automatically is Grayed Out in Windows 11
In 90 percent of cases, users who’re reporting about this issue belong to a region or using the Time zone that doesn’t support the Daylight Saving Time feature.
According to Microsoft following Time zones that do not observe daylight saving time include:
- UTC) Coordinated Universal Time
- (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik
- (UTC+01:00) West Central Africa
- (UTC+02:00) Harare, Pretoria
- (UTC+03:00) Baghdad
- (UTC+03:00) Kuwait, Riyadh
- (UTC+03:00) Nairobi
- (UTC+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat
- (UTC+04:00) Port Louis
- (UTC+04:00) Tbilisi
- (UTC+04:30) Kabul
- (UTC+05:00) Islamabad, Karachi
- (UTC+05:00) Toshkent
- (UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
- (UTC+05:30) Sri Jayawardenepura
- (UTC+05:45) Kathmandu
- (UTC+06:00) Nur-Sultan
- (UTC+06:00) Dhaka
- (UTC+06:30) Yangon (Rangoon)
- (UTC+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta
- (UTC+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Urumqi
- (UTC+08:00) Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
- (UTC+08:00) Perth
- (UTC+08:00) Taipei
- (UTC+08:00) Ulaanbaatar
- (UTC+09:00) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo
- (UTC+09:00) Seoul
- (UTC+09:30) Darwin
- (UTC+10:00) Brisbane
- (UTC+10:00) Guam, Port Moresby
- (UTC+11:00) Magadan, Solomon Is., New Caledonia
- (UTC+12:00) Coordinated Universal Time+12
- (UTC+13:00) Nuku’alofa
- (UTC-01:00) Cabo Verde Is.
- (UTC-02:00) Coordinated Universal Time-02
- (UTC-03:00) Buenos Aires
- (UTC-03:00) Cayenne, Fortaleza
- (UTC-04:00) Georgetown, La Paz, Manaus, San Juan
- (UTC-04:30) Caracas
- (UTC-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito
- (UTC-06:00) Central America
- (UTC-06:00) Saskatchewan
- (UTC-07:00) Arizona
- (UTC-10:00) Hawaii
- (UTC-11:00) Coordinated Universal Time-1
- (UTC-12:00) International Date Line West
However, if you belong to a country that supports Daylight Saving Time then you will have to check whether the correct time zone is set or not. Here’s how you can do that:
Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
Here, click on Time & Language on the left sidebar, and then on Date & Time.
On this page, you can check for Time Zone.
If it is incorrect, then click on the drop-down menu next to Time Zone and select time zone manually.
Alternatively, you can turn on the option for “Set time zone automatically” to set the right time zone as well.
In case, the time zone is correct but you are still facing the issue, then try this hack:
- First of all, you need to switch to another time zone that supports Daylight Saving Time from the same settings page.
- Next, reboot your computer.
- After that head over to the Time zone section, and then restore the Time zone that belongs to you.
Doing this should most probably fix the issue where an option for Daylight Saving Time on Windows 11 is grayed out.
Are you affected? Do you know any other solution that helps in fixing the issue? Let us know in the comments.
Please do not hesitate to Contact me on Twitter if you want assistance with issue related to Windows 11, Windows 10, and Edge browser. I will try my best to assist you ASAP. (Follow me first and then PM your issue on Twitter)
Buy us a coffee if you find information shared in this blog post useful. Mention ‘Coffee’ in Subject. So that I can thank you