Microsoft has decided to completely redesign the Photos app in Windows 11. The app comes with a new Gallery view that looks amazing accompanied by robust integration with OneDrive for Memories.
Although the pre-installed Photos app has already received a major update last year when the first public version of Windows 11 was released. The company now decided to rewrite the photos apps from scratch.
Some of the interesting features that are worth trying in the New Photos app in Windows 11 are as follow:
- Organize your photos in a beautifully redesigned gallery view
- Keep your memory safe by easily backing up photos to OneDrive.
- Celebrate a life well-lived with improved “Memories” experiences.
- Enjoy the new multi-screen and multi-window
- Check the OneDrive storage quota, and how much you have consumed. You can even add more storage.
- Easily import photos from external sources like smartphones and cameras. You can manage imported photos as well in a more productive way.
- Integration of Clipchamp in the photos app to make it easier for users to edit photos
- Dedicated settings page where you can manage various settings.
Microsoft is testing the new Photos app with limited users who have enrolled in Windows 11 Insider programs and opt to receive updates in the Dev channel. The application will be available to everyone when Microsoft thinks it’s ready for the public.
Right now, the company is testing the Photos app v2022.31090.16004.0. Also, Microsoft Photos (Legacy) will remain available in the Microsoft Store, but it will no longer come preinstalled in Windows 11 operating system.
Did you get access to redesigned Photos app for Windows 11? Did you like the new Photos display layout? Let us know your opinion in the comments.