Facebook’s new Messenger app for Windows 10 was under development for the last few weeks. The company is planning to relaunch the Messenger app rewritten using Electron.
Recently, Facebook has updated the Messenger app for Windows 10 for all users and replaces the old application with the new features. The latest version of Messenger is now updated to v422.214.171.124.
What’s New in Facebook Messenger app
The latest version of Facebook Messenger app comes with handy features which are as follow:
- Group video calls on a larger screen
- Upload and send new file types with the latest desktop app update.
- Get notifications so you never miss a message
- See when you have messages waiting for you with a live tile
- Send photos, videos, GIFs and more
- You need email or phone number to get connected with your friends
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers
- Know when people have seen your messages
- Create groups for the people you message most—name them and set group photos
- Forward messages or photos to people who weren’t in the conversation
- Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them
- You can permanently delete sent messages
- Offer new themes (light, dark, grey theme)
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop
- Full-screen mode
- Let you hide chats
If you can’t wait to try the new Messenger app for Windows 10, then you can update your app or download it using the following link:
Apart from this, some users still want to stick with Messenger beta app, then you can update it or download the latest version using following link:
Source – Facebook