Microsoft recently unveiled its dual-screen device called Surface Neo and Surface Duo. The company now has released an app called Windows 10X Emulator, using which developers can adapt their application for dual screens.
Windows 10X is the special edition of the Windows 10 Operating system which is designed for multi-posture dual-screen PCs for offering uses unique experiences.
Windows 10X Emulator
Windows 10X Emulator is an application using which developers can optimize and test apps for Windows 10X
In case, you’re interested in trying Windows 10X, then you need to enroll for Windows 10 Insider Program. After that download and install the latest build of Windows 10 and then install all required tool which is as follow:
Windows 10X Emulator Necessary Tools
Once you have installed the necessary tools on your computer, you can download and install Microsoft Emulator and Windows 10X Emulator from Microsoft Store using following links:
Download Windows 10X Emulator
Microsoft Emulator uses Hyper-V accompanied by GPU-PV for handling hardware-accelerated graphics. To start using an emulator on your system, your system should meet the following requirement:
- Windows 10 Edition Pro, Enterprise, and Education with 64-bit ar architecture.
- Windows 10 Insider build 10.0.19555 or above.
- Intel CPU having at least 4 cores that you can assign to the emulator.
- 8GB RAM or more out which you have to assign 4GB RAM for the emulator.
- 15 GB of hard drive space for vhdx (SSD is highly recommended)
- Recommended video card DirectX 11.0 or above and WDDM 2.4 graphic driver or above.
Your system BIOS must support the following features:
- Hardware-assisted virtualization
- Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
- Hardware-based Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
What are your thoughts about Windows 10X? Are you going to install Windows 10X OS on your computer using the Windows 10X Emulator?
Source – Microsoft Docs