Want to upgrade your system to the latest version of Windows 10? One of the easiest ways is to use Windows 10 Update Assistant.
Windows 10 Update Assistant is a useful program developed by Microsoft. It helps users upgrading machines to the latest version of Windows 10. The tool checks the minimum system requirement, download and installs the update. It will install the updates on the machine that haven’t installed the latest update available on their computers.
Usually, users update their PCs via Windows Update option available in the Settings app, or by using the Media Creation tool. In the comparison of these two methods, Windows 10 Update Assistant is more reliable and useful.
Related Reading – Upgrade System to Latest Version using Media Creation Tool
How to Use Windows 10 Update Assistant to Upgrade
There might be users looking for the steps to on how to use Windows 10 Update Assistant program to upgrade PCs to latest version of Windows 10.
As of writing this blog post, the Windows 10 May 2019 Version 1903 build 18363.1 is available. In this blog post, we will cover steps on how to upgrade your PC to this version using this tool.
Here is how you can do that:
1. First of all, you need to visit Microsoft web page.
2. On this page, you need to click on Update now button listed under “Windows 10 May 2019 Update now available.“
This will download the Windows 10 Update Assistant.
In case, you want to use Windows 10 Media Creation tool to upgrade, then click on the Download Tool now button available under Create Windows 10 installation media.
3. Now run the Windows10Update.exe file.
When UAC dialog box appears, click Yes to continue.
4. This will open up the Windows 10 Update Assistant and start checking for the latest version update. In few seconds, following screen will appear:
Just click on the Update Now button.
Currently, We ‘re running Windows 10 April 2018 and Windows 10 May 2019 Update is available.
5. Now tool will confirm if your system is compatible with the latest version of Windows 10. This is how it is going to look like:
6. If your machine meets minimum requirements for the latest update, the tool will start downloading the latest version of Windows 10.
Since the process going to take time, you can click on the Minimize button this will download the update in the background.
Note: This process can take time depending on the internet connection.
7. Once the downloading process is completed, you will be asked to Restart your PC to initiate the process. The tool will give you 30 minutes to save your work. You can also click on Restart Now button if there is nothing to save.
8. The system will notify that You’re about to Signout. The following screen will appear:
The next will be Windows 10 login screen; here you need to login to your account using credentials.
The following screens will appear back to back like:
At last, Windows 10 homescreen will come up with the welcome message:
The above screen confirms that you have successfully updated to Windows 10 May 2019 Update. You follow steps mentioned in this blog post to find out what version of Windows 10 your computer running.
Related Reading – Fix: Windows 10 Update Assistant Stuck at 99%
I hope you find this tutorial on how to use Windows 10 Update Assistant useful. In case, you have any queries, drop it in the comments.