If you’re wondering how to use Picture in Picture mode in Firefox? It’s super easy to use. In the blog post learn how to activate and start using it.
Recently, Google introduced Chrome Picture in Picture mode and following the tradition Mozilla also bring PiP mode in Firefox. Although the feature is under development, interested users can try it right now in the latest Firefox Nightly version.
Firefox Picture in Picture Mode
Those who don’t know, the PiP Mode let users watch the video in the floating video player outside of the browser while using other applications.
Activate Firefox PiP Mode
In case, you can’t wait to try Picture in Picture mode, then you can try it right now in the
1. Download and the Install latest version of Firefox Nightly.
2. In the Address bar, you need to type: “about:config“
Here on this page, you need to click on the “I Accept the risk” button.
3. Next, in the search bar copy-paste: media.videocontrols.picture-in-picture.enabled.
When the same result
Use Firefox Picture in Picture
1. On the Firefox browser, visit youtube.com and start playing the video.
2. In the Video player, you need to right-click two times. In the second context menu, you will see Picture in Picture option, click on it.
3. This will quickly open the same video in a small video player or you can say in Firefox PiP mode.
Note: Firefox PiP mode is under development so don’t expect that it will work flawlessly. For more development information you can keep track of Mozilla bug post and this post.
Find Firefox Picture in Picture mode handy? Feel free to share your
Himachali, Mechanical Engineer, Snooker Lover, Avid drinker of Scotch, Content Creator, Traveller and Shorter than you (probably).