PC Repair and Driver Updater Recommended for Fixing Issues and Updating Drives on Windows PC. Trusted by Millions.
Starting with Windows 10 build 18932, the company introduced a new hidden (experimental feature), a secret search box that appears on the bottom right side of Lock Screen, using which users can search the information faster than ever.
The search box on Windows 10 Lock Screen comes with the possibility that allows users search the web via Bing. Albacore first shared the information on Twitter with steps to enable the feature.
As of writing this blog post, the search box feature is under development and buggy. In case, you’re desperate to try this feature right now, then you can enable the hidden search box with mach2, a tool enables secret features in Windows 10.
Enable Search Box on the Lock Screen in Windows 10
1. Download mach2 tool using this link of Github.
2. Extract the zip file using the default archiving tool to any folder. For example, you can extract it to folder c:\mach2.
3. Next, launch the elevated command prompt in Windows 10.
4. After that head over to a folder in which you have the copy of the mach2 too. For example:
cd /d c:\mach2
5. Type the following command:
mach2 enable 17917466.
6. Reboot your Windows 10 PC.
Microsoft recently released the new Cortana app and testing floating search bar with rounded corners in Windows 10 (Immersive Search). The above feature is another addition to Windows 10 Search.
What are your thoughts about this hidden feature of Windows 10? Find it handy? Let us know in the comments.
Via – Winaero
Donate on Paypal or Buy us a coffee or Join Patreon if you find the information shared in this blog post useful. Mention ‘Coffee’ in the Subject. So that I can thank you.