Windows 11 comes with lots of useful features and one out of them is Widgets, a menu available on the taskbar opened offers you information at a glance in different categories.
Usually, the Widget button is available next to Task view button not matter if taskbar icons are aligned to the center or moved to the left side. Microsoft has now decided to offer users an improved Widget experience in Windows 11.
In the new Widget experience in Windows 11 users will get the following things:
- The widget button will be moved to the left side of the taskbar if the taskbar icons are centered align. While remain on the same location when taskbar icons are left aligned.
- Local weather will be integrated into the new Widget button. Remember, News and Interest feature in Windows 10 that appears on the right side of the taskbar. Similarly, Widget button will show weather
- You can launch Widget board by hovering the cursor over the Widget button.
As of now, the updated Widget experience is available for users running Windows 11 Build 22518 in the Dev channel with limited users. What this means is even if you’re running the same build you might not get it. According to Microsoft, they are looking for any issues before rolling this to all the users.
Enable Widgets Button with Weather on left side in Windows 11 Taskbar
In case, you can’t wait for an update with the new Widget experience to reach your computer and would like to hand on this right now, then there’s a quick workaround to enable it. Here’s how you can do that:
Few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you’re running Windows 11 build 22518 or above
- Make sure you’re running the latest version (521.20028.295.0) of Windows Web Experience Pack for Windows 11. You can head over to Microsoft Store and update the app.
Download Vive Tool for Windows 11 from the github, extract the files.
Open the Vive Tool folder and make right-click inside the folder and select Open in Windows Terminal.
Here, you need to execute the following command back to back. Also, make sure that you receive this message “Successfully set feature configuration” every time you execute before moving to the next one.
.\ViVeTool.exe addconfig 36553793 2
.\ViVeTool.exe addconfig 36226456 2
.\ViVeTool.exe addconfig 36226054 2
.\ViVeTool.exe addconfig 34301415 2
Once done, you need to close everything and reboot your computer to apply the changes. Now this will enable New Widget Experience in Windows 11.
In case, you want to disable the new Widgets experience in Windows 11, then launch Windows Terminal again and execute the following commands:
.\ViVeTool.exe delconfig 36553793 2
.\ViVeTool.exe delconfig 36226456 2
.\ViVeTool.exe delconfig 36226054 2
.\ViVeTool.exe delconfig 34301415 2
Check out a glimpse of how the new Widget button will look like:
When Taskbar icons are left-aligned
Are you going to activate the new Widget experience in Windows 11? What is your opinion about this change, let us know in the comments.