Want to remove Avast email signature from the footer of outgoing emails? The following blog post will guide you the steps.
Avast free antivirus is a popular antivirus program, but it has various annoying features enabled by default without your permission. Avast SafePrice extension is an example of this annoyance.
Avast email signature is another example. This feature of the antivirus automatically starts inserting signatures into your outgoing emails – without your knowledge. Guess what, you never going to know about this thing unless one of the recipients tell you.
The worst thing about this feature is that it inserts the Avast email signature in all the outgoing emails whether you’re web email clients like Gmail or Yahoo mail (even more) or using the default mail client with Thunderbird or Outlook.
What happens is, when you install Avast antivirus on your computer, and after the installation when you start sending emails, it automatically insert Avast email signature at the footer of the outgoing email. The message reads:
“This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast. www.avast.com”
The Avast hijacking your email footer is a severe violation of the trust, and it appears to be stupid while sending essential emails.
How to Remove Avast Email Signature
This is a very old issue as it was reported first in 2015, but the users are still complaining about the problem. If you’re experiencing the same issue, then here’s how to disable it:
1. Launch Avast Antivirus program.
2. Click on the Menu option available at the top-right side and then choose Settings.
3. Next, on the right panel of the General tab, you need to untick the box for the option which reads “Enable Avast Email Signature.”
4. After that, switch to the Component tab and on the right panel, click on the Customize link available on the Mail Shield bar.
5. In the next Mail Shield window, you need to switch to Behavior and untick the box for the option “Insert note into clean message (Outgoing).”
6. At last click on the OK button and close the Antivirus program.
7. Reboot your computer.
This is how to remove Avast email signature from outgoing emails. Find this blog post useful? After following are you still seeing email signature? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.