Want to watch Instagram live videos on the Chrome browser? The following blog post will walk through the steps.
If you’re the one spend the majority of the time using the Instagram app on the phone, then you must have checked the live video feature. And if you prefer to check Instagram feed through the web browser, then you won’t find the web version of the app useful, especially in the case of live videos.
It is because the Instagram web version doesn’t allow users to watch live videos. There might be users who want this functionality, right? And if you made up so far, then you’re one out of them.
In case, Google Chrome is your default browser; then, fortunately, there is a Chrome extension called Chrome IG Story available on the web store that lets users watch Instagram live videos in the Chrome browser.
How to Watch Instagram Live Videos in Chrome
Here’s how you can set up the Chrome IG Story extension to watch live videos of the people you follow:
1. First of all download and install Chrome IG Story extension from the web store.
2. Once the installation of the extension completes, the colorful icon of Instagram starts appearing in the extension area.
3. Now visit Instagram.com and login to your account using the credentials.
4. Next, click on the Chrome IG Story icon. This will open the new window showing you a list of the users who’re currently live or the people who have recently shared the Story.
To watch the Instagram live video, you need to click on the user tab; this will open the new window showing you a live stream.
In case, none of your friends is live; then you can also check the “Top live” section available at the bottom of the screen.
Apart from that, using the same extension, you also check Instagram stories shared by your friends.
Bonus – In case, the account is not private, then you can also share and download the Instagram live stream accompanied by the Stories.
According to the developer of the extension, you can also watch live videos and stories anonymously. Your name will not appear on the list of the Instagram users viewing the video or story.
For that, you need to click on the Eye icon available at the top of the screen. If there is a line across the eye, then the feature is enable and if not, then the feature is disabled.
- The extension also lets users search by location or hashtag.
- Users can download live videos and stories
- Ability to watch live videos and stories from the users you do not follow.
Chrome IG Story extension is one of the application that let users get the most out of the photo sharing application.
Useful tip – You might also love to learn about How to Direct Message on Instagram from Windows 10 PC
Find Chrome IG Story extension useful? What are your thoughts about this extension? Let me know in the comments.
Useful Blog Posts related to Instagram
- Top 5 Best Instagram Repost Apps for Android and iOS
- How to Use Instagram Walkie-Talkie Voice Messages
- How to Share Soundcloud Music links to Instagram Stories
- How to Use Instagram Close Friends Feature to Share Stories Privately
- How to Check How Much Time You’ve Spent on Instagram
- How to Find Best Instagram Hashtags for Likes and Followers
- How to Quickly Adds Friends using Instagram Nametags
- How To Get a Verified Instagram Account – Officially
- How to See Who Stalks Your Instagram Profile
- How to Turn Off Instagram Activity Status Green Dot Feature
- How to Remove Followers on Instagram Without Blocking Them
- How to Add Music to Instagram Stories
- How to Reshare Instagram Posts to Stories