Looking for a way on how to delete Kik account permanently? The following post will guide you through the process.
Kik is a popular instant messaging app available for iOS and Android devices. There are lots of users using this freeware app on their device. On the other hand, a community exists that doesn’t find this app useful or stop using it already.
Apart from that, as a parent you don’t want your kids to use the app because of the Kik cryptocurrency scheme.
Whatever is the reason, the good thing is that you can deactivate Kik account temporarily. Also if required you can also delete Kik account permanently.
How to Delete Kik Account or Deactivate Temporarily
For a mysterious reason, the company doesn’t provide users option to delete Kik account through its application. You can achieve the same via Kik website portal. On the page, you will find out two options Temporary Deactivation and Permanently Deactivation.
How to Deactivate Kik account
This option let you deactivate Kik account. You can take help of this option if you want to quit Kik for a while. After performing a temporary deactivation, following are the things you are going to miss:
- You will not receive Kik messages
- Your Kik username will not be searchable.
- Your account name will be deleted from your Kik friends list.
At any point, if you want to use Kik again, all you have to do is to login back using the same email id to enable Kik account again.
Anyways, these are steps to deactivate Kik account:
1. Visit Kik Temporary deactivation page using this link.
2. Type the same email address you used to create the account in the space provided.
3. You will get a link via email using which you can deactivate your Kik account temporarily.
How to Delete Kik Account
This options will let you delete Kik account permanently. Once you’re done with permanent deactivation, then you will not be able to get access to your account accompanied by all the things discussed above in the case of temporary deactivation.
Since this will permanently delete your Kik account, there is no option to get access to your messages and account. If you want to achieve this then, here is how you can do that:
1. Visit Permanent Deactivation page using this link.
2. Here on this page, you need to enter a username and email account. Apart from that, you need to select the reason why you want to delete Kik account.
3. Atlas, Click on Go button.
4. You will receive a link via email. Use the same to delete Kik account.
Now you have quit Kik, What are the other Instant Messaging service you’re using to get connected with your friends? Share it in the comments
I will also love to hear if you find this blog post on how to Deactivate Kik and Delete Kik Account useful?
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you want assistance with Windows or its solutions. Our team is always here to help you. (Mention 'Tech Support' in Email Body)